Thursday, March 4, 2010

Trust in His will

So the other day I was thinking and praying. This whole two sports thing is busy. I absolutely love it, I enjoy every minute of it, but it's busy. I haven't gotten a chance to really hang out with my friends in a while and my schedule is just so full. Student teaching all day. Diving practice. Track Practice. Dinner. Night event of some sort. Sleep and repeat. I have seriously been loving it though. Just hard to keep in touch with people. Anyway, I was thinking and praying about this whole waiting game. I knew I would find out this week about diving and I was talking to the Lord about it.

I definitely wanted to make it to Nationals, but I just didn't see it as a reality. There was part of me that was looking forward to finally being down to one sport. Diving season is so long and got lengthened by qualifying, and then the potentiality of it being even longer because of making it to Nationals. I was ready for things to slow down. But as I was praying about it, I really prayed that the Lord's will would be done. Whatever he wanted to have happen, I would be okay with it. I was perfectly content on not making it. In fact, I was expecting it.

But...God had different plans. As of today, I am going to Nationals for diving! AHH! It is so crazy. So many things sprinting through my head. I was shocked. Completely shocked. I wasn't expecting it at all. I felt like everything was against me with only doing one meter. I didn't think I really had a chance. But...God works miracles! I can't even explain how much this screams out God's Glory! It is only because of him that I made it and he gets all the glory and praise. I can say with confidence that I know it is the Lord's will that I made it to Nationals. It is because of him. 100%. And I have to trust in his will. This is where I am supposed to be.

I am really excited and just feel like this is a really big honor. Something I wouldn't have EVER dreamed up in a million years. Honestly, I'm feeling quite inadequate, but I know that's not of the Lord, so have to trust in him. Just thinking back on my diving journey, especially since high school, it is insane. I have learned so much and come so far. And honestly not because of anything that has to do with me. The Lord has revealed so much to me and he gets all the glory. I've also had awesome coaches and teammates. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for Aaron, I may have quit diving my freshman year. I tried, but he didn't let me. And I seriously owe SO much to Erica. If it wasn't for her, I for sure wouldn't still be diving. She was such an encouragement to me my sophomore and junior year. All of my teammates have had a tremendous impact on me as a diver. Each one over the course of the last four years. I've needed all of them.

At practice today, standing in our brand new state of the art Olympic sized pool, Casey and I were reminiscing about the good ol' freshman days. We had a tiny pool dungeon and 10 divers. I couldn't do half of the dives I do now and I hated three meter. Well, I do still hate three meter, but the fact that I don't do it anymore, doesn't make me hate diving. Man, it has been such a journey. But I would say that qualifying for Nationals my Senior year couldn't be a better ending. My goal is go to Nationals and HAVE FUN! I want to take in the whole experience and just enjoy it. I don't care how I do. If I'm last, I'm totally okay with that. I'll take being the 22nd best girl diver in the Nation at a division three school. That is fine by me. 22 is a great number anyway :) My parent's favorite. So, the season isn't over and my diving career isn't over, but it is headed in a great direction. I couldn't ask for more. May the Lord's name be glorified. It is all because of him. ALL of it.

Well tomorrow still brings an important day for me. Thank you to all of you who prayed about the Last Chance Meet. The coach okayed it and we're heading to Wisconsin tomorrow. This is my absolute final chance to qualify for Indoor Nationals. I'm really excited about getting another opportunity to vault and have left the results in the Lord's hands. He knows what tomorrow brings. He is the one who will bring tomorrow. I just have to trust in him. I want to have fun and vault like I know how. I'm not going to allow negative thoughts to enter my mind. I have to keep telling myself that. I need to vault with confidence and no matter what the results I will choose joy. No matter what happens tomorrow the Lord's name will be blessed. It is for him and his glory that I do this. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. May his name be lifted higher and higher. Please pray for me tomorrow! Pray for safe travels (we'll be driving back late at night) and good performances for everyone going! There are 7 of us competing and one coach going. Thankfully, it's my coach. Mike is awesome. Please pray for my heart. That I would long for Jesus more than qualifying. The results are in his hands. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment