Saturday, March 6, 2010

Continued theme of Trust

Well last night was a bit of a dissapoint. Okay, well maybe a lot. I ended up vaulting terribly. I no-heighted, which means I didn't clear any bars. It stinks. It was a huge bummer. I haven't vaulted that bad in a long time, and to do it during my last chance to get to Nationals was hard.

I just have to keep reminding myself that the Lord is in control. He has a plan and he knows what he is doing. It's definitely not my plan, but His plans are so much better. I'm on my plan C, but I guess this is God's plan A. I qualified for Nationals in diving, so I can't complain at all. I just wanted it so bad! Uh. Oh well. I'm going to be the first height cut on the list most likely, which is just frustrating. So close, yet again. I just seem to always be 2-3 inches off getting to Nationals for vaulting.

But again, I have to keep reminding myself that God has a plan. I have to trust in his ways. Like I said before the meet, he knew what the results would be. He knew I was going to do terrible and I have to just be content with it. I can still bring the Lord glory through all of this. He can see the big picture. I don't understand and I don't see it, but the Lord is totally in control.

If you would like to pray for a huge miracle, pray that for some insane reason they decide to take more vaulters than normal. I think the official list comes out tomorrow. If they were to take my height it would be 19 girls total since some of us share a height. They only have to take 11, but last year took 16. So, yeah. It's not going to happen, I'm not getting my hopes up. But then again, God can do anything, right?

Well this is definitely a time for me to trust in the Lord and trust in his will and plans for my life. It's small steps, but sure is requiring my trust. And I do trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment