Monday, March 8, 2010

Down to One

Well I'm down to one sport. Okay completely honestly, not the sport I would choose, but I'm trying to not be a brat about it. I'm taking a little break from vaulting while I focus on diving at Nationals.

I am officially not going to Indoor Nationals. Pretty disappointed just because I really wanted to go, but it's okay. I still have Outdoor. The list came out today. Three and a half inches. I missed the cut by three and a half inches...again! Thats how much I missed it by last year for Outdoor. Arg!

But I'm enjoying being a one sport athlete for now. I'll have two weeks of it, so hopefully that will be nice. It's been a while since thats been the case. I keep having to remind myself that God is in control and he has a plan. I'm not the biggest fan of the plan, but have to keep telling myself to stop being a brat when I think about it that way. I get to go to Nationals and that is awesome. And I'm going to the Nationals meet God wants me at. And its going to be really fun and an amazing experience! I really am excited. Tired, but excited.

My emotions towards diving Nationals is a daily roller coaster (if you couldn't tell). On one hand this season has been so long! I just need a break from diving. I've been on the boards and in chlorine every single day since the middle of September. September! That was like 6 months ago! Thats a long time. And I've been doing the same 11 dives on one meter for the past two years. Everyday. The same dives. I just need a break. I'm sad about ending my diving career, but right now I need a break from it. Lately I've been getting to practice and just don't really want to be there. I'm out of energy.

But then at the same time, when I start talking with Aaron and Casey about Nationals and actually going and the whole experience I get really really excited! I often forget that this is a reality. That I'm really getting on a plane, going to Minnesota and competing at a National meet! That is so insane! I'm definitely excited, just struggling for the energy to get there. It's only a week away! I'm just excited to go and soak in the whole experience. This is where God wants me, so I just have to trust in his will and rest in his peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment