Thursday, March 18, 2010

All done...

Well, its over. I don't have time to write and will continue later, but wanted to just get a little bit out there. I definitely won the prize for out-funning everyone! I loved it! I had so so so much fun this afternoon! It was a truly amazing experience and I am so glad I was able to be a part of it. So glad the Lord brought me here.

My diving...started out great...didn't end well though. I had a really good warm up and start to the meet. I did really well in my first four dives. I nailed by front two and half pike which was awesome. I think it was the highest scoring single dive of the meet this morning, but I'm not positive on that. Things were going really well. I was in first after the second round and 2nd after the fourth round (so says my dad, I'm not sure if that was after my dive or the whole round.) But anyway, it was awesome.

I then bombed my next two dives, which was a bit unfortunate. By back had a good start, but I came out early and both feet were hanging off the board on my reverse. I did pretty well with what I had, but got docked a lot for it by the judges. My easy dives then went pretty well. The first two were great, last three not so hot. The other girls in the meet had really really awesome vols, so I just couldn't keep up.

I ended up in 19th place, which is totally fine. I don't care about my place at all. I was a little disappointed in my diving though. I have to be honest. It started out great, but had a bad finish. Not too much I can do about it now. I just wish I had done better. It wasn't my best meet by any means. I had so much fun today though and need to just focus on that. I've been thinking a lot about how disappointed I am and need to stop. I just know I am capable of doing better. I need to just think about my first four dives and then I feel better.

Anyway, I'll write more later but need to head back to the pool for the night session. Thank you so much for all your prayers. May the Lord's name be lifted higher!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Joy! You did great, regardless of place or score. You made it to compete with the best in our whole nation, and you made everyone proud with not only your performance, but your God-glorifying attitude. That is what truly matters. Job well done friend! Can't wait to see you after Spring Break and hear all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete