Sunday, March 7, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILLIAN!


I would say that Gillian has been an unexpected blessing in my life this year. She is a fantastic roommate and before this year, we really didn't know each other very well. This year I have so enjoyed getting to know her better and living with her.

Anyone who knows Gill knows that she is a servant. She loves serving people and she does it so well! She is constantly looking out for the needs of others which is such a blessing. She literally takes care of me. For real. I would definitely be stressed if I didn't have Gillian in my life. Almost daily she feeds me! What an awesome friend! I'll come home from being gone all day and get back late from practice and dinner will be on the table waiting for me! And this is another college girl who's got so much going on, yet takes the time to cook me meals and love on me. There are plenty of nights I would go without dinner if it weren't for her.

Even just the other day, my schedule was completely packed. I had practice till 6 and class at 6:30 so I was just planning on packing a dinner and eating it in class. Gillian didn't want me to have to eat another sandwich so offered to make me dinner and have it in a tupperware all ready for me so I could run home, grab it and leave! How AMAZING is that?! She is constantly serving me and has been such a blessing in my life. Oh yeah, and the best part...she's a really good cook! She's really a baker at heart and is amazing at that as well, but definitely cooks some amazing dinners.

There are countless times Gillian has gone grocery shopping for me or offered to help me out in any way to make my schedule a little less hectic. She has become such a dear dear friend.

Gillian is also hilarious. We have great laughs and enjoy sitting down for dinner and talking over our days. It is because of her that I, along with countless others, now have the word "scrumpins" in our everyday vocabulary. She has also introduced me to the emotion "muhrrr" which is just as it sounds. Through living with Gill my wardrobe has now doubled and we often pick out "professional outfits" for each other to wear.

It was amazing to have someone to partner with during the diving season. Gill is a swimmer and so we were able to share in the joys and pains of the season. It was great to hear the swimmer side of everything as well.

I can't even explain what a blessing Gillian has been in my life. She has become such a dear friend so fast. Her servant's heart, outgoing personality and willingness to listen has truly blessed me.

Have a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILLIAN! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Joy! You are a blessing in my life too! Without you, I would have no one to cook dinner for every night, and let me tell you, sitting down to eat and sharing about our day is my favorite part of the day! Thanks for being such a spectacular roommate this year!

    ReplyDelete