Sunday, March 14, 2010

Less than 24 hours

Reality is setting in. I still can't believe it. The Lord is so amazing. I am pretty much done packing and finishing up the last minute details. I'm off to Minnesota tomorrow afternoon! It'll be my first time there too.

When I sit down and think about it, my mind just gets boggled with all that the Lord has done. I can't believe it. I can't believe he picked me. I can't believe the journey he sent me on. Struggles, trials, triumphs, joys, tears, heartaches, excitement. It's been a long road, but I couldn't ever imagine a better way to end it.

Thats another whole story too. The end of my journey. There will be much to reflect on that as the days continue. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of blogging over the next week. Once I figure it all out I will post how you can keep up with Nationals if that is something you'd like to do. You will be able to watch it live online and see the results of how things are going. I dive on Thursday afternoon. I'll put the links and details up once I get them squared away.

I'm definitely excited and the anticipation is starting to build. Once we're off to the airport I know its going to really sink in. I just want to embrace this opportunity. This experience. I'm not looking at it as a meet or competition. It is a life experience and one that few people get to experience. It is all because of the Lord. I just can't take my eyes off of him. He got me to this place. That .25 or whatever it was at conference that qualified me in order to send in a tape, the whole process, the last 4 years, really 7 years... All of it screams out Jesus! He has given me this opportunity and I will not waste it. May I be completely filled with his joy this week; in constant communion with our Father.

My goal for the week: HAVE FUN! I don't care how I do. I would like to dive to the best of my ability, but if I bomb a couple dives, it's okay. I am completely content in getting 22nd. In fact, that is what I am expecting. Being the 22nd girl in the nation is fine by me. Anything above that would just be extra icing on the cake with all the glory pointing straight to Jesus. I am going to go there and take in the experience and have a blast with it!

I'll keep you updated on everything. Please pray for safe travels and no lost luggage!

1 comment: