Monday, June 22, 2009

A Tribute to the Man I Love

My dad is the most amazing person I know. He is a man of sacrifice and love. He gives and has given so much time, energy and hard work into our family; making ends meet, supporting us in every step of life, providing security, teaching discipline, and most of all showing us the kind of love that can only come from an intimate relationship with our Savior. He is a man of God.

He's that guy. That guy that everyone knows. That guy that can start a conversation out of thin air with anyone. That guy that you have one conversation with and you remember him forever. That guy that will go above and beyond. That guy that will do anything and everything to protect and provide for his wife and family. I love him dearly.

I grew up being refered to as "Jimmy's daughter" and this was something I was never ashamed of, but rather so proud. I am so proud of my dad. I love when people ask me about him and I can boast about how amazing he is. That he can do anything anyone asks him to do. I love telling about his numerous jobs that cover the whole map. He knows how to do so much and he does it all with excellence. He is a fantastic nurse, a supportive boss, has had management positions in the hospital, has been the manager of an ice park, an independent business owner making wood furniture, a director of oporations at Covenant, a chef, a student and on top of all those things a loving husband and father.

He is the leader of our household and I hope one day I find a man who is half as amazing as my dad. I don't want to have to learn how to call the plumber, or contractor, or electrician, or mechanic, or anything like that. Growing up, calling wasn't a question, you just "ask dad to look at it."

Thank you dad for all that you have given to our family. I would not know our Lord and Savior the way I do now if it wasn't for the way you and mom raised us. Thank you for being an example. Thank you for trusting in the Lord. Thank you for your leadership. I love you!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

(a day late, sorry, I have no concept of days here)

1 comment: