Monday, June 8, 2009

Girls Night

I have gotten so behind. I want to be better, I am just really pressed for time. There are a couple things I want to go back and highlight and then I will try to stay on top of things.

The intern girls tried a couple times to have a girls night before the summer officially started, since our schedules are all so different. Friday night we finally got it to work out. I have to say, initially I was a little hesitant. I wanted to do a girls night and some of us had already talked about just sharing with each other, but when you say girl night, I get a little anxious. Painting nails and putting make up on kinds of girls nights don't go over quite so well with me. So I was a little unsure, but it turned out to be absolutely amazing. We just wanted to sit down and talk about things and get to know each other on a deeper level. Girls mentioned things they struggle with or find offensive or things like that, just because we're all living together, but for the majority of it we just shared our lives with each other. We went around and talked about why we are here personally, how we got here and what some of our goals are for this summer. It was a lot of fun and the Lord was definitely with us. I'm so excited for this summer and am anticipating what the Lord has for me here. I loved that night. Hearing peoples testimonies and stories is literally my favorite thing in the world. I could have sat there for hours and hours just sharing life. Building relationships is definitely something that takes time, but I love when people are intentional about it. God is so good and I am ready for this summer of lives being changed. Mine included.

No comments:

Post a Comment