Saturday, June 20, 2009

Full of Fun!

Yesterday was an absolutely fantastic day. It was so much fun! I had off, which always helps. I went to brunch and then club. The say so was, again, awesome. God is so good and the Kingdom is definitely growing! There were 150 kids at the new believers walk yesterday morning and the leaders asked for 175 Bibles. There were close to 100 kids who stood up for the say so. How awesome is that?! It is so encouraging and amazes me every week. God is so good and so powerful. Great way to start the day.

I then went with some other interns to play a round of Frisbee golf. We normally play in teams cause then it doesn't take quite as long, but there were just a few of us so we played individually. It was the first time I ever played a whole game by myself, and I'm really bad. I ended up with plus five, but I was okay with it. I did get a hole in one on one of the holes so that was exciting!
Anyway, after that I went with some of the intern guys up to the mountain bikes and we went on some of the trails. It's been raining here A LOT so it was really muddy and we biked through a ton of puddles. I'm really bad at mountain biking and it makes me really nervous. My hands always start to hurt cause I grip the handle bars so tight. I was pretty scared the whole time and almost turned back at the beginning but the guys wouldn't let me. I was really glad I did the whole thing. After a while I got a lot more comfortable with it. We went on the hard course, but it was really fun. Really muddy, but definitely fun.
These are the crazy guys I went with. Matt, Chocklett, Charlie and Derrick.

We got really dirty! Matt tackled Chocklett in a puddle and they fought for a while. It was hilarious!

After mountain biking we played volleyball. It was the first time I was able to play so far because of my wrist, but it is getting better, so I played. We played two on two and Bob (my boss) and I were on a team together. We're both really competitive, but I'm not very good at volleyball. It was really fun though. We won the first game, but lost the second.

After volleyball, Bob, Chocklett and I played the front nine of the Frisbee golf course to kill some time. The workcrew and summer staff went to a minor league baseball game for their day off, and we wanted to go tubing, but had to wait until they left. After Frisbee golf for the second time we went tubing.

Brittany, Sam and I in our wetsuits cause it was a little cold because of all the rain we've been having.

The boys in the three person tube. David (property staff), Chocklett and Sam.

This was David and I on the individual tubes. So much FUN!!!

Tubing is literally one of my favorite things ever. It is so funny to me that sitting on a tube behind a boat can be so great. We got out the really big three person tube that we use for family camp or younglives camp. It was surprisingly fun and we were just messing around for a while. Then we did some normal tubing, which is two single tubes behind the boat. Bob and I went together and Chocklett drove. It was really fun. We definitely got a lot of air. It is super exhausting though. I tubed on the individual tubes for like 30 minutes straight which kills your arms, especially when the driver is trying to throw you off. It was so much fun though that I didn't want to stop. I love tubing! (if you didn't get the picture)

After tubing we went to Kyle and Kathy's house for dinner. They had a ton of food and it was really good. There were venison kabobs, hot dogs, chicken, mac and cheese, chips, dip and beans. The venison was really good. We just hung out and ate and then a few of us stayed at their house and played Scattegories. It was really fun. That game is a really fun group game. And I won, so that always makes it more fun :)

After that, I crashed. I was so exhausted. It was a busy day full of activities. I wanted to go for a run and work out and stuff, but didn't have time and I figured I did enough physical activity for the day. I am definitely sore today from tubing. My arms are dead. It was so much fun though! An awesome day off. It was really exhausting, but somehow surprisingly relaxing as well. I don't know how that works, but it was. Just not having a schedule is really nice.


New campers come today! Yay! The weather has been pretty crummy lately. We've had a ton of rain, so prayers for beautiful weather would be awesome. It's raining out right now and is supposed to thunder storm, so I don't know what that looks like for our welcomes today, but hopefully everything will run smoothly. Please be praying for these campers, and for my summer staff. We have to wake up 15 minutes earlier tomorrow since they have been having trouble getting there on time. It's been hard. I hate being the "mean guy," but them being late cuts into our devotional time. Please pray that the dynamics of our group would piece together nicely, that we would all be working towards the same goal and striving to get there with excellence. Please pray that I would be able to shower them with grace, as grace has been showered upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment