Monday, June 1, 2009

Blessings

Yesterday was full of blessings. Amazing blessings from God. I got to sleep in and spend a lot of time with the Lord in the morning. Then we had pizza for lunch and hung out with all the interns. Then a group of us went to Wal-mart to get some things. On the way back we stopped for ice cream, which is always a good thing. When we got back I finished my blog from yesterday and cleaned my room. It is so nice to have a day off where you can just catch up on everything. At 4:30 Lisa and I went out on the boat and learned how to drive wake boarders. It wasn't too hard at all, I just had to get used to them pulling the boat a little bit from side to side.

After that some of the interns went tubing. I got to go and, man, I love it! I put a wet suit on cause it was cold and I went with Chocklett. Lisa trashed us. It was really fun and one time I hit a wave and I literally flew like 10 feet in the air. It was crazy. And somehow, I'm not sure how, I managed to stay on. It was so much fun. I was so glad I got the opportunity to do it because I literally think it was my only chance this summer. Yesterday was the first time, and the last, since I've been here that there weren't any campers. Once the summer starts, there aren't any opportunities to do things like that. I'll have a day off, but there will still be campers here and I wouldn't take their turn tubing. And then when there are roll over days, that is a break for the summer staffers and so we drive them and run rides and things for them. So I was really glad I got to go cause I absolutely love tubing! After dinner Lisa and I had to go out and put more time on the boat. It was really cold out so we pretty much just sat in the middle of the lake doing circles. It was a really great time though. We put some worship music and on and we were just praising together. Then we turned it down and talked for a little bit. We made the commitment to one another that if we ever have a problem this summer we will approach each other and not talk to other people about it. We don't need to go to another intern or one of our summer staffers or anything like that. I'm really excited about working with Lisa and we get along really well. We're both pretty easy going and just go with the flow. I don't really for see anything becoming a problem, but when you are around someone for that long everyday, things are bound to happen. So it was great to just talk about that and talk about how we want to lead our summer staffers and not have a waterfront click. I'm getting really excited about this summer starting.

Today we get to go on an intern adventure! All we know is that we need to wear something that can get wet and we're going to be outside all day. I'm really excited about all of us hanging out together and just getting to know each other better. We have today and tomorrow reserved for our outing, so we'll see what else we have in store. Then Wednesday some of our summer staffers who are going to be boat drivers are coming and taking their test, Thursday is lifeguard training (I think I have to be the victim for that), I think Friday the rest of summer staff comes and Saturday we get campers! And then it is busy, busy, busy until I'm done in August! I'm really excited and really praying that God would be at work this summer, in my heart as well as everyone else who steps foot on this camp.

Please pray for our time together as interns, that we would become one unified group and we would encourage each other in our walks with the Lord. Please pray for our summer staffers that are coming for the June session. That they would be ready to work hard and long hours and they would have the attitudes of servants. Please pray for the campers, that the Lord would be preparing their hearts to hear the most amazing love story in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Joy,

    Its been sunny the last FOUR days here-- I know! Sunny! In Wales! It's like an oxymoron- for 4 days nonetheless! But as I laid out today, I was thinking of you...and how incredibly tan you're going to be by August driving those boats. =)

    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete