Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wasting away/Daily renewal

Well, it's day 6 of week one and I'm already feeling the 5:45 mornings. I'm tired; I feel worn and weary. I hate the feeling. But at the same time I know that this is when the Lord demands I cling to him. I have no other option. He has to be my source of strength; my source of energy. This feeling stinks, but at the same time, it's what I asked for. When everything is going just fine, I forget my need. I am desperate. Exhaustion reminds me of just how desperate I really am.

I can do nothing on my own.

My flesh hates that, but my spirit loves it. I am so thankful I can rely on a God who will meet my every need. As my body gets weak, the Lord is stirring my soul. The fire has been lit and I long to cling to the cross. I want to spend every waking moment with my Jesus. I want to dive into his word, I want to spend time in prayer, I want to become more like him. It's what 2 Corinthians 4 talks about.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting
away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."

I am wasting away, but the Lord renews my spirit. What an amazing God we serve! He renews my soul everyday. He is so worthy of praise.

Please pray for rest and renewal not only for me, but also for the summer staffers. They are tired. Please pray for the campers. Tonight is the cross talk. Many of them will hear for the first time the amazing love story. Pray that their hearts will be open and they will understand the love of the Father.

1 comment: