Friday, May 29, 2009

Waves on the Water

Well I'm catching up, but it's late and I'm starting to crash. I'm gonna try to finish tonight, but we'll see what happens. Today was a long day. I did paperwork this morning and then Lisa and I cleaned the pool. It literally took all morning. It was really dirty cause we hadn't cleaned it in like a week, but it took forever. Then we had lunch and Bob came back with our other boat! So they're both here now, which is really exciting.
With the new boats we first have to drive them for ten hours and then take them back and have them checked out. So after lunch Lisa started on our hours and I cleaned the hot tub. It took a while, but it's clean now! Then I got my turn putting hours on the boat. Rough life, huh? I drove around for like a little over two hours. Just me on a boat in a lake. What I love. I got out on the lake and put my ipod in and just listened to music. It was so great. I sat there and prayed for a while. Just praying over the lake and the safety of the campers, and the boats, and the summer staffers. I'm getting excited for campers to come and summer staffers to get here. I was surprised I didn't get bored. I love driving the boats, but I figured after that long by myself I would get bored, but I didn't. I ended up putting on an old sermon from Crossroads and listening to it on my ipod. I definitely got more comfortable on the boats and was figuring out how to get some good waves going and get a little air on the boat. It was really fun. It was so good to just spend time with the Lord out on the water. There is nothing in the world like it.

God is teaching me that I can't get stuck in a routine. I have to change things up and find new ways to seek him. It has to be something I am constantly active in. My heart and soul are longing to know him better. He is preparing my heart for this summer and I'm getting really excited. Please be praying for his presence here this summer and that camper's heart would be open to hearing the gospel.

A view from the other side of the lake.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on passing your test! What does this mean for Leach Family Fun week?! Haha, just kidding.

    Joy, that is so exciting! I'm not surprised at all, you've always been the one to pass tests. =)

    I am seriously giddy for you as I hear of your adventures and know HOW MUCH you love it at Champion and on the water and on that boat (jet ski?). I am praying. Praying God meets you in ways you never expected...that He helps you keep your heart hungry for Him and anticipating His work...and for SAVED SOULS at that camp this year.

    Thank you for all you're doing to invest in the gospel going forth in the next(ish) generation. (C'mon, they're not THAT much younger than us!) That is Biblical Femininity beauitufilly displayed.

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete