Friday, May 29, 2009

Tubing

Yesterday we got to have more fun on the boats! Lisa and I first learned how to dock the boat on both sides of the dock because we were going to be driving tubers. This past week has been work week. Like 70ish awesome people volunteered to come and just work on the camp to get it ready for this summer. They worked really hard and really long hours and were completely awesome. So Thursday afternoon was their free time and we opened up the waterfront and some ropes stuff.
So Lisa and I learned how to drive tubers on the work week people. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. There are so many things to think about! You have to know where your tubers are, while your still driving and changing speeds and trying to get them air while not getting slack in the rope. It was a lot, but it was really fun. It was pretty cold and cloudy so not many people wanted to tube. So some of the other interns came and had to be out guinea pigs.

This is Matt and Derrick. They put wet suits on so they wouldn't be quite as cold. We made them go so many times so we could practice. I was a little nervous, but it was really fun and I think I just need to get used to it.

Having work week people here was fun. It was pretty close to an August summer staff reunion. Pretty much everyone from Maryland came and it was great to see them. Last night after dinner I got the chance to catch up a little bit with Glenn. He is always someone who really encourages me. He is so real and down to earth about his walk with the Lord and what God has been doing in his life. I've kind of been feeling like I'm at a stand still. Champion is a place where I truly feel the presence of the Lord. And while I know God is here, I haven't been feeling him in the same way. I feel like he is distant. I know he isn't, but I feel like he is. There is part of me that misses the utter desperation of going through tough times. It stinks while your in it, but when things are going just fine, I find myself not seeing God as much in my life. He is still there working, but I don't think I'm as desperate and I forget to be constantly seeking him. Talking to Glenn last night was a great encouragement. He is one of those people that makes me want to know God better and talking to him last night started that fire in my heart that I've been praying for. It was really great and definitely an answer to prayer. God is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment