Saturday, January 1, 2011

North Carolina

Thursday morning Lisa and I left the Outer Banks and headed for Charlotte. We took back roads the whole way, which ended up being fine. We drove through some small towns, but other than that, things moved along quickly. It took us a little over 6 hours and we only stopped once for gas. My kind of road trip :)

We arrived in Charlotte and went to Lisa's aunt and uncles house. I got to meet them and her cousin and we hung out for a little bit. Then we went to her grandparents house where we stayed the night. Her grandparents are adorable and were so sweet and welcoming. We helped her grandma out with a couple odd jobs like setting up her wireless internet and printer and helping her move some clothes around. We had a great dinner, made a trip to walmart, and crashed for the night.

Friday we met up with Matt, Laura and Rachel to caravan to get Tucker and then head to Atlanta. On our way to meet them Lisa gave me a crash course in driving stick. I was scared. I only stalled when we were parking, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.We drove to South Carolina, picked up Tucker and continued on to Atlanta!

We got here yesterday, checked into our hotel and went downtown for New Years. We went to the Peach Drop! It was fun. Crazy crowded, but it was fun.

Today we're off to go check in for registration and Passion starts tonight. I can't wait! I'm so super excited! I'll try to keep you updated!

Pictures are on Lisa's camera. I'll add some later.

No comments:

Post a Comment