Sunday, January 9, 2011

Road Trip Update

Okay, so I've been horrible at blogging through this road trip. Once Passion hit, I got so overwhelmed and knew I wouldn't be able to keep up. We got like no sleep, so I definitely didn't have time to write and there is WAY too much to write about. BUT...I promise I'm going to come back to it. Way too much truth and way too many things to talk about and process through to not talk about it. But it may take a whole year to process through. I'm not even kidding, and I'm praying about actually doing that. We'll see.

So, we'll put Passion on hold. It was amazing. Phenomenal. Words can't describe. An encounter with Jesus.

After Passion, Lisa and I drove north to Sharptop Cove which is a Young Life camp. Her mom was working there for the staff training. It was my first time there, so I was excited to see another camp. We helped out in the bakery, hung out and caught up on some much needed sleep. It was a lot of fun. We played mafia both nights we were there with some of the area interns and it was a blast! I forgot how much I loved that game. I got to be the town mayor, which I love. It was fun meeting people, making Young Life connections and just hanging out at a Young Life camp. Oh how I love them.

Friday morning we left Georgia and drove down to Orlando. On the way we stopped at one of the first ever Chick-fil-a's which was awesome. It was called the Dwarf House. You could sit down and have someone come take your order. It was fun. We had time to kill on our drive, so took the time to go there. Loads of fun. We made another stop at Waffle House, which was the third time that week, but it's cheap and fast, so it works.

We got to Orlando and hung out with my sister for a bit. Then we headed to Charlie's house where we stayed the night. Charlie was another intern from Champion two summers ago, when Lisa and I met. We stayed the night at his parent's house, which was great. His mom was awesome. So hospitable. She left a basket on the bed with girly magazines, granola bars, chocolates and bottled water. It was great.

The next day we went out to lunch with some of Lisa's family and I met up with Janelle afterwards. It's been so fun to spend some sister time together! We've just been catching up, hanging out and seeing people. So fun. We had amazing homemade pizza and watched a movie with Emily and Chris (the family my sister lives with). So fun to finally meet them!

This morning we went to church, which was amazing. So fun to be back and see all of Janelle's (or JJ or Jage to the people here) friends. We then went out to lunch afterwards, hung out, went to a dollar movie, and then went to an engagement party! Janelle (a different Janelle, hence the nicknames) and Eric got engaged tonight and we all went to celebrate with them! So fun! Their families did such a great job honoring them, their relationship and the Lord. It was so fun to be there.

And thats a short version of the update. I'm having so much fun enjoying life and this season right now. A huge season of an unknown future, but absolutely LOVING it! I love not knowing. The Lord has a plan. And I am so confident in that! He has given me such peace. And I'm excited to see his plan unfold. It's the best plan ever! I'm just trusting the Lord, walking slowly and saying, "okay God, I think this is where I might be going. Stop me at any point. Open and close doors." And that's where I'm at. I'm slowly walking towards living in Richmond with my brother, sister in law and two nephews. That's the plan for now. It could very well change. It is so in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment