Friday, January 14, 2011

Best Road Trip Ever!

Hanging out in Orlando continued to be so much fun! Lisa ran the marathon with her sister and FINISHED! Yay! They ran it in 4 hours and 26 minutes. (That is far too long to run if you ask me) But I keep hearing, that if you're gonna run a marathon, run Disney's cause there is lots of excitement and things to keep you entertained while dying. It was great to hang out with my sister, meet some more people in her life and stay with the Morgan's. They were fantastic!

We left Orlando and started our drive back to Virginia. We made a stop in Georgia and stayed with a friend, James. It was lots of fun. James was a summer staffer when Lisa and I were interns. He was our honorary waterfront person cause he was a landscaper, but always helping us out. We randomly ran into him at Passion (SO CRAZY) and he invited us to crash at his place on our way back to Virginia. We met tons of his friends, hung out and played lots of mafia. It was a blast.

The next morning we finally headed back home. Well, kind of home. I currently don't have a home and where I was going to be next was a bit up in the air. More to come on that later, but I was headed to Richmond for now. We made good time, sang lots of songs, had some great talks and finished up our road trip. Was it epic? ABSOLUTELY!

Lisa and I spent two weeks road tripping around the east coast and I wouldn't have wanted to do it with anyone else! I can't even explain how much fun it was! And thank the Lord, we didn't get sick of each other :) We managed to stay in 3 different states, 6 different locations, drove through 5 states, spent roughly 36 hours in the car together and managed to find 42 of the 50 states' license plates (we even got Alaska!). We rocked out to some amazing music, had great conversations, spent time with dear friends, made tons of new friends, learned together, worshiped together, laughed a lot and created unforgettable memories. It. Was. A. BLAST!

A photo montage will be up shortly, once I get the pictures up.

No comments:

Post a Comment