Thursday, December 30, 2010

Update

Well I am finally an official COLLEGE GRADUATE! Kinda scary. Chicago semester finished off amazingly. Things slowed down with school at the end and I was able to really enjoy the city. I was glad to be done with the work, but sad to leave my students and the city. I definitely miss my kiddos!

My amazing dad road tripped out to come and get me. He's the best. We went from Chicago to NYC. One big city to the next. I was in the city for 5 days with my parents. Hanging out, experiencing the city and helping my mom out at work (she's a nanny).

After a few days in the big city, I went to Virginia for a reunion with some of my summer staffers from this past summer. We managed to get 7 out of the 11 of us there, which I thought was a pretty good turn out. We rented a little cottage in the middle of nowhere, hung out, played games, cooked food, went for a walk by the river, attempted to pet cows, and built the most amazing fort ever! It was a complete blast! I love all of them so much!

After the reunion I was off to Richmond. I hung out with my brother, Katie and the boys for the week leading up to Christmas. It was awesome. I was able to help Katie out with the boys, which meant I got to spend time with them, which is the best thing ever! I seriously love my nephews so much. Like words do not explain it. Every time I see them, I love them more. I can't even imagine what it is going to be like when I have my own kids. They are the cutest kids in the entire world. Being an aunt is so much fun!

We had Christmas with the whole gang in Richmond and that was great as always. The day after Christmas our family was off to the Outer Banks for our now annual week at the beach. We ended up driving through the terrible snow storm that came through. Well...actually, to be honest, it wasn't all that bad of a snow storm. But...since the entire state of Virginia does not own a single plow, we drove on the worst roads I've ever been on. Our 3 hour drive took 6. Boo :(

I spent like 4 days at the beach with my family just hanging out. It was great and relaxing. We went outlet shopping and I got some serious deals, which is always a plus. Wednesday evening I also ended up having two visitors! My best friend Nick came to visit. I hadn't seen him since last Thanksgiving! It was so great to see him and catch up. Lisa also came Wednesday night so we could leave early this morning. We all got to hang out, play pool, card games, bananagrams and just catch up. It was such a blast!

The first half of my month of adventures is over, and I'm moving on to the next page...which I'm super excited about! OUR EPIC ROAD TRIP! More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment