Friday, May 21, 2010

So close.

Latest update on vaulting...thought I would check the ranking list before bed. Not good news. Earlier today I was in a three way tie for 13th place. Now, I'm in a three way tie for 17th place. Not good.

The minimum field is 15, so they are required to take at least 15 vaulters. They typically take 18 or 19. Talk about being on the bubble. And they'll cut it off at a height, which effects the tie. There are only so many athletes that are invited to the meet, so it is always tight on numbers. But being in a three way tie, means either they take all three of us, or none of us. So if they're tight on numbers, most likely we'll get the boot. Or if someone hasn't turned in their entries from this weekend, and they have gone higher, I'm out.

This is pretty scary. I really don't want to see this dream crash and burn right in front of my face. I've wanted it for so long and am so close. So close.

I just have to keep praying that the Lord would be in control. May his will be done above all else. That is the true cry of my heart. But at the same time, this is something I've wanted for so long. It's seriously been a dream of mine. And the height above me, is one centimeter above me. One centimeter. I do not want to see this taken away by one centimeter.

Please pray God would work an amazing miracle somehow! He did it for diving, he can do it again. It is all completely in his hands and I have to rest in that. It doesn't make me want it any less, but it is comforting to know, that I will survive whatever happens and he will still be my King. Tears would be shed for sure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment