Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nationals

Lots to catch up on, but not much time to type. I need to get in bed.

The day has arrived. I am in Cleveland for Track Nationals. This is real. I am living a dream. There have been multiple times while I've been here that I just stop, and remind myself that I'm at Nationals. And I think of where the Lord has taken me, the journey I have been on for so long, and am so incredibly thankful. And humbled. It is so not because of me and He gets ALL the glory. This reality often seems surreal.

Tomorrow is the Big Dance. (well, today now that its super late). I'll be vaulting at 1:00pm on Thursday. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be praying. That is seriously what I need. The times I've had people praying the hardest are the times I've competed the best. Because when it is the Holy Spirit doing the work, I am able to fade into the background. Pray for confidence and angels. Side note: My mom's taught me to pray for angels. I don't think many people pray for them, but she's taught me how. Every single night before bed while we were growing up she would pray for armies of angels to protect us. Angels got me over that 12'1 bar in order to get me here. I have no doubt in my mind about that. So yeah, pray for angels. Anyway, I covet your prayers. Please pray for physical strength as it is going to be a very hot day, and there is a chance of storms, so pray those away too.

It's been a long road and quite a journey, but I feel ready. I definitely have another meet left in me and am ready to bring it everything I've got. With confidence. Not in myself, but in the talent God has given me. He is the source and he is the recipient of all the glory. May his name be glorified through my performance tomorrow. I am here. And I am ready.

Random piece of information: I painted my fingernails black tonight for the first time in my life. It's a Calvin Nationals tradition. It feels really weird. I don't like it. But I'm all about tradition. Gotta take one for the team.

Oh, also...I am the first Calvin athlete competing in the meet, so I really want to set a good pace for the team. Please pray that this is encouraging and exciting for me and not an added pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment