Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dutchmen Defeated - Check

Our meet yesterday went well. We beat Hope! So that is always a good thing. It was a pretty good meet for me personally. I dove well, not quite as well as the day before, but I bombed one dive, so my score was far from close to a Nationals cut. I was "hanging ten" as we like to say (my feet were half off the end of the board) on my reverse dive, so just had to chuck it and hope I didn't fail the dive. It was legal, but it looked horrendous. Oh well. Other than that dive, I was happy with how I did. My fronts weren't as crisp as the day before, but they were fine. My score didn't reflect how I felt about the meet, but thats okay.

I now have one more chance to qualify for diving Nationals. We have our Conference meet in two weeks and I can qualify then. There are several ways I can qualify (kind of). I either need to qualify in an eleven dive meet (get a 395 or higher) or I can qualify for a second time with six dives (255 or higher). I have to do eleven dives at Conference, but if my six dive score in those eleven qualifies, it counts. Or I can do it with all eleven. If I do well in the afternoon (top 8) I'll make it back for the night session. In that case I would do six more dives(optionals, our harder dives) and could qualify there. They also take the five easy dives(voluntary)from the morning and add it to those 6 and could qualify with an eleven dive score. Sorry thats all really confusing. Essentially I have one more day I could qualify, but kind of 4 more ways to qualify. Conference just needs to go well. And if it doesn't, well I don't really want to think about that cause it messes with my brain, but if I don't got to Nationals, I'll be okay. I've had a great season so far and am proud of how I've been diving lately. And God doesn't care about my performance. So all is good.

Classes start tomorrow :( Not really ready for that one. I haven't had to do school in a month and a half. It's been fantastic. I only have one class cause I'm student teaching this semester, so hopefully it won't be too bad. Just have to get back into the mentality of school and being efficient with my time.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the update- please keep them coming!

    may you know the peace of God during your meets...

    Christ's righteousness is your perfection: enjoy THAT perfect score.

    ReplyDelete