Sunday, September 13, 2009

MAJOR catch-up

Wow do I have a lot of catching up to do. The past couple weeks have been packed with excitement, fellowship, lessons, good-byes and reunions. It has been quite a time of transition and I am feeling settled in as I embark on my senior year of college! How crazy is that?! It has absolutely flown by and I have absolutely loved it!

I have been overwhelmed to try and sit down and re-cap the last few weeks, so I am going to do it briefly.

LEACH FAMILY FUN WEEK

Leach family fun week was really fun. Janelle and I both got back on Monday and on Tuesday we were already headed to Busch Gardens for the day. It was so good to go do something all as a family, and I love roller coasters. The lines were ridiculously short so we got to do a ton! We barely waited in line and literally just walked onto one of the coasters.

 

 
We rode in the front for this one and it was awesome!

 
Love this little guy!

 
Escape from Pompei!

 
Such a proud aunt!

Wednesday we just hung out as a family and Thursday we moved Justin into college! It was so fun to be apart of freshman move-in and I am so excited for him!
 
The whole family!

 

 
My baby brother is all grown up!

Friday and Saturday my grandparents joined us and it was great to see them. We just hung out, went to the pool and ate A LOT of Bryers ice cream.

Sunday, my parents, Katie, Jack, Janelle and I all went to New Jersey! The suposidly 6 hour trip took 9.5 on the way there. Jack did absolutely amazing and is seriously the best kid ever. I hope mine are as easy as he is!
 
Mimi showing Jack how to sleep in the car (she's an expert!) :)

 
Jack decided he wanted to take the car for a spin

 
Cousins!

Monday all of us, including my cousins, aunt and grandma went to the Central Park Zoo in New York city. It was really fun. We saw some great animals, but it was also just fun to walk around the city and Central Park.
 
The whole gang!

 

 
My cute little Nan! She is so precious!

Tuesday we went home and the 6 hour trip took 8 hours. Still, not as bad, but still long. There was a change of plans because we didn't want to hit Labor Day weekend traffic driving to MI and on Wednesday, Katie, Jack, my mom and I drove to Richmond. Katie and Jack needed a ride back and my mom and I were able to get an hour and a half under our belts for our 14 hour drive.

Thursday morning my mom and I left Richmond at about 4:45am. I was seriously dreading the drive and just wanted to get there. We stopped once to fill up on gas and go to the bathroom, but other than that we drove straight through. We took the Suburban, so having a 40 gallon tank was great for not wanting to stop. We made it in 11 hours and 23 minutes. I was SO glad to get here!

BACK AT CALVIN

A couple days before we left my parents so graciously asked if having a car at school would be helpful. We discussed the costs of things and I decided it was worth it. So I now have a car at school! What an incredible blessing! So my mom drove down with me and then flew back on Monday. It was so so so good to have her here! She was so helpful and constantly looking for something to do and ways to bless me. We were able to get all of my things together and settled in. We did a lot of shopping, going out to eat and just hanging out. It was so much fun and so amazing! We went yard saling on Saturday and got some great deals and all the things we were looking for. Yard saling in Michigan is so different and so much better than any other place we've gone. I love it.

Monday I took my mom to the airport and then went with a bunch of friends to Lake Michigan. (They call it the beach here, but it's really the lake.) It was so good to see everyone and catch up. I definitely missed everyone this summer. We got back from the lake and went to a bbq at someone's house and then watched a movie. It is so good to be back.

The first week of classes was great. Teacher aiding and diving both haven't started yet, so that has been really nice. I didn't have class on Monday, Wednesday or Friday last week, and I don't again this week. It's been so nice to have that extra time to get things done and catch up with people. They both start on the 21st, so that week may be utter chaos, but what's new?

I'm excited for where things are headed and am so thankful and grateful when at I look back at where I have been. This summer was absolutely amazing and more than I could have asked for. I miss Champion so much and have had many dreams that I am back there and with those people again. But it is also so great to look at where God has me right now. The transition has been smooth (thanks to my mom!) and I am excited for what this year brings. I have to constantly remind myself to walk each day with open hands. It's not about what I think will happen, what I want to happen or what my plan is. It is all in his hands and by the grace of God.

I am going to continue my blog, even though I'm not at camp anymore, and hopefully it will be shorter posts more often. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment