Thursday, December 31, 2009

Safe and Sound

The rest of the team arrived today! Yay! Two guys had to take a taxi from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami to catch a different flight, but everyone eventually got here and our team is now complete. Thank you Jesus!

It has been rainy and cloudy since I got here, but apparently you can burn really really fast in clouds here. I know that you can get sun through clouds, but I didn't realize how fast when you're closer to the equator. I laid out for about 2 hours this afternoon. It was really cloudy and rained part of the time I was out. I burned to a crisp! I haven't had sun burn this bad in a really long time. Guess I'm just gonna have to cover up tomorrow!

I'm off to hopefully sleep. There is loud music playing outside and screaming kids in the room next to us and I have a roommate who says she snores really loud and talks in her sleep. We'll see how this goes. Luckly, I brought earplugs :)

Hope you have a great New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment