Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Nick!


I guess you could say that Nick was an unexpected friend, someone who just shows up in your life out of no where, and doesn't leave. I'm not really even sure how we became friends, but looking back after four and half years its been quite a journey. I've learned so much from him and through our friendship. Some times were great and awesome while others I could have gone without, but he is the one friend who has been there through all of it with me. He knows me better than probably anyone and could tell you exactly how I would react given a particular situation (most likely because he would react in the same way). We are so similar, yet polar opposites. There are often times where we will ask each other, "how the heck are we friends?" My only answer to that question, is the Lord. God has called us to be friends, and I'm fine with that. My relationship with the Lord has grown and been challenged through my friendship with Nick. From high school to me going off to college to my family moving to Nick going to college, God has had a strategic hand in all of it. I think it would be safe to say that neither of us thought we would be friends once I graduated high school, but man were we wrong. Nick is now the only person I talk to from Charlottesville. Crazy how our lives can change in the matter of moments.

Nick is that friend that I can always count on. He's been through the thick and thin of everything with me and I know he always has a shoulder to lean on. He has a contagious enthusiasm about him that is so fun to be around. Once you get him on the topic of rugby, football or hip hop, he'll talk about it so passionately that for a second you'll think you love it too. He's a great guy and awesome friend to have.

I hope you have a super fantastic birthday Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment