Thursday, August 27, 2009

Intern Banquet!

Well, I really wasn't good at keeping up with my blog this summer, but hopefully with school I'll be better. I can't guarantee it, but I'll try.

A week before camp ended we had an intern banquet to close out the summer. It was SO much fun! We all got dressed up and had a really nice dinner. We did worship, wrote each other notes and watched our intern slide show from the summer. It was a great start to our closing of the summer.

I thoroughly missed Krissa because she had already left, but I survived. Our group didn't feel complete, but we still had a lot of fun.

It was an awesome time of reflection and seeing all that the Lord had done in my life and in our group. He is so faithful! During worship I was overwhelmed with gratitude and thankfulness that God brought me to camp for the summer. It was such an amazing opportunity and I learned and grew so much! (future blogs will go further) The banquet was so awesome though!

Me and Annie (my roommate!)

Me and Lisa. I miss her dearly!
All the girls (minus Krissa) at the lake
Me and Britt
CHOCK!
Way too much trouble for one picture...
Matt ShorTTTT
The whole gang! Krissa is in there in spirit!
Charlie

Kyle and Kathy! Two of my favorites ever!

1 comment:

  1. Joy- I loved following your blog this summer! Alan (your old Summer staff boss) went off of YL staff and I've missed summer assignments and that 'front row seat' to seeing kids meet Christ so much. I loved living vicariously through your blog and through my sister Liz's stories (she was an intern at Rockbridge this summer). Thank you for everything you did this summer so kids could meet Jesus- you rock! =)

    ReplyDelete