Thursday, August 20, 2009

Changing

Well, all the babies are gone as well as my dear mother. They left a while ago, I just haven't had the time to write. Young Lives always seems to be my favorite week, and I was sad to see them all go. It was a fantastic week. It was a great break on the waterfront, we got to sleep in a little more, and I loved loving on the babies and girls. It was so much fun. I got to hang out with Kia a little bit and have been praying for her. She has my email and phone number, so hopefully we'll stay in touch. It's kind of crazy that God has placed us in each other's lives. She really has a place in my heart.
Me and Kia!

Another really fun thing was that my mom was able to connect with one of the moms in the pod she was in. Douglas was her favorite and she prayed for that little boy and his mother like crazy. His mom didn't stand up for the say so, but she seemed to have a little more of an open heart by the time she left. She seemed to really like my mom, but hey, who can resist. (Mom, did you write her yet?!)

My mom didn't want me to take this picture, but isn't it priceless! This is her with Douglas and his mom.

It was so awesome to see and hang out with my mom! I had so much fun. I got to see her more than I was expecting. While I was working, she would visit at the waterfront, and while she was working, I would go hold babies. So much fun. I love that she got to see the inside of Young Life and see why I'm so addicted to it. I get to be a part of people's lives changing. It's amazing; and it's all because of Jesus.

Me and Douglas! He is so adorable!

Last week and this week we've had Urban Young Life and there was a bit of a transition in our schedule. We're back to the 5:45 mornings with canoe breakfast and wakeboarding and late nights with the pool and hot tub open. Last week was definitely a challenge, but it really made me rely on the Lord for strength. When I have sleep taken away from me, I'm not such a happy camper, but last week I really felt the Lord asking me, "Do you trust me? Do you really trust me enough to meet every need?" I really felt the Lord last week and he got me through, I don't really know how. But that's the Lord for ya. Beyond what we think we know.

Today is day 4 of my last week here. We have a great group of campers here, ones I've been waiting for all summer. There is a group from NY that I remember really well from last year, and they've been a blast to have around. So a great week to end on, but as it comes to an end there is so much to reflect on, and so many good byes. I leave in four days.

Krissa left about a week ago, a little unexpectedly, too soon, but it was where the Lord wanted her. She had a good friend, basically a brother cause he used to live with them, pass away a couple weeks ago. So she went home early to make it to the funeral and being from California, it wasn't worth it to come back. We miss her dearly. The good byes already started.
Me and Krissa! I miss her!
Four days ago Sam and Chocklett both left. Two of my favorite people. They are awesome and it was a blast hanging out with them this summer. It is just so crazy that it is all ending. It FLEW by. Faster than I thought it would. It's been such an amazing journey. I've learned a lot and I think I have a lot to take away from it all. Before Sam and Chocklett left we had our final intern banquet. It was awesome, but I'll save that for another post.
Me and Sam!

Me and Chocklett!

No comments:

Post a Comment