Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Full of Family Fun!

The past couple days have been amazing! The Lord continues to bless me in so many ways and makes things work out better than I could have imagine.

Monday was my day off, so the plan was that Sunday night I would go to Uncle Ted's (mom's brother) lake house in New Jersey, hang out on Monday and my mom and I (who was dropped off by my dad) would drive here to camp. My mom is helping out with Young Lives this week as a babysitter. Young Lives is for high school girls who have kids, so they need babysitters for when the moms are in activities. So that was the plan.

Well, Saturday as we were closing we had both of our boats break. They have had trouble starting for a while, and it just came to the point that they wouldn't start anymore. So as Lisa and I are finishing up with the boats and everything we have to do to take them in to the shop, she tells me that I should just leave that night and take Sunday off. I told her it was fine and I didn't need to. That went on for a while. We now had two extra summer staffers because we weren't going to be able to drive tubes the next day and so she would be fine on help. Her and Bob are always telling me that I need to take a day off and that I work too much. I kept saying that it was fine and I didn't need to. I finally told Lisa that I would call my parents and see what they were doing and where they were. The original plan was that they were going to see my Aunt Judy (mom's sister) for a night before they went to the lake house, but as things go in the Leach family, plans always change. So I call my parents and they were on their way to my aunts. I ate dinner and left.

My Aunt's house is only about an hour and a half away, which is nothing here considering it takes 30 minutes to get to the smallest town ever and an hour to get to normal civilization. So I borrowed Lisa's car and Doug's GPS and headed to New Jersey. I got to see my Aunt, my two cousins, my second cousin and my dad, all of which I wasn't expecting to see! It was awesome.

We sat out back and just talked and had dessert and got to spend time with the fam. I loved it. We all stayed the night and then my aunt and cousins were leaving the next morning to go to the beach. So my mom and I packed up and headed to the lake house and my dad headed home to get back so he could go to work the next day.
Kim, Aunt Judy, Madison, Me and Nicole
Me and Madison!
We picked up my grandma and headed to the lake. I love my uncle's lake house! I love being there. My cousin has a lake house two houses away as well (the lake house my mom had growing up) and it is so much fun there! It was pouring down rain, so we were just inside talking and hanging out. I got to see my cousin Teddy who I love, and his three kids who are growing up so fast! I love spending time with family.
The rain stopped at one point and Teddy turned to me and asked if I wanted to go play on the Jet-Skis. A question like that does not need to be asked twice! My uncle has one, Teddy has one, and one of Teddy's friends had one stored at his house. We went out on the lake and it was so much fun!
I even convinced my mom to come! That was a miracle. I told her I would go slow. That didn't last too long. It was so much fun! We just drove around for a while, then Teddy, his friend and I took them out around the whole lake. It was awesome. Being on the water is literally one of my favorite things ever. It was so much fun. I enjoyed every minute of it.


My mom and me!

All of this excitement wouldn't have happened if I didn't get Sunday off. God is so good. Both boats broke on the same day, within 30 minutes of each other, because of something that had been getting better and worse all summer, and because of all of that, I got to spend some really amazing time with my family. I loved playing with my second cousins and hanging out with everyone, it was a fantastic weekend and a great time away from camp.

Then Monday, my mom and I left the lake around noon, which was earlier than I had originally planned because I was able to spend the day before hanging out. We left and stopped off at a little shopping village on the way that my Aunt Lynn had told us about. It was the cutest little shopping place ever and it was so much fun! There were really awesome deals and I got some great things for teaching. My mom and I just got to hang out all day and it was awesome.

And now my mom is here for a week! I am so excited that she gets to see the inside of Young Life and see how things run and what exactly goes on here. Young Lives is my favorite week and I am really looking forward to these amazing girls coming and the camp being filled with babies! There was a girl named Kia that I really connected with last year and I am hoping and praying that she comes again this year. Last year we had both talked about being here this year and I really really hope she comes and I get to see her.


I am trying to be better at all of this, sorry they get so long. I love details and I tell long stories. That's just what you get with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment