Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer came and went...

Well, I essentially went the whole summer without blogging. I'm sorry. There is way too much to catch up on to even try to begin. I'll try to give an overview.

Looking back on it, my summer was beyond amazing. The Lord blew me away in so many different ways. I learned SO much. I met so many incredible people and the Lord blessed me daily.

I have to be honest and say that at times things were rough. Really hard. Right after first session left, I'd say I hit rock bottom of the summer. I was struggling a lot with relationships. Something for some reason, I wasn't expecting to struggle with. The things I was expecting to struggle with were easy and the things I thought would be easy were really hard. God reminded me daily that He is in control, not me.

But things turned around for sure. The Lord taught me so many valuable lessons through other people as well as in my quiet times. I'll try to blog about the over-arching theme for the summer later. I had three absolutely amazing sessions of summer staffers and I can honestly say, they had an immense impact on my summer. I approached them differently this summer and made an extra effort to invest in them, and the Lord blessed those relationships greatly. I miss them. A lot. Even just thinking about them makes my heart ache. Such amazing people, such sweet times.

My relationships with the interns grew significantly as well. I miss them dearly. They have a special place in my heart. They taught me so much, loved on me and challenged me. All of them in their own ways. I learned so much about myself this summer and how I approach friendships. So many amazing lessons for the summer.

I had an absolute blast this summer. It flew by. So fast. I miss everyone so much. My heart aches to be back there. But God has new plans for me. He blessed me immensely this summer and will continue to bless me. I am off to Chicago on Sunday for a semester of student teaching. Hopefully more summer blogs will be on their way. At least one for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment